Thursday, May 15, 2008

dreadful...just dreadful.

Ever since I read this post, by my fellow blogger and mommy Jen Green, (scroll to the bottom to see the Halloween story) I've told myself that this definitely doesn't happen to all moms. If it did, people would only have one child and I know for sure that most people have at least two, right??

Well, it happened.

Hailey was in the bath, having a grand old time when all of the sudden she started saying, "poo-poo". I paid no attention because up until now "poo-poo" is only used when she's headed toward her room for a diaper change after mommy's nose clues her in. After a bit more splashing, she said it again..."poo-poo". What on earth is she talking about? She is, afterall, in the bathtub...where babies shouldn't POO-POO!!! Wrong...I looked behind her and there it was. Just staring at me...I grabbed her out of the bathtub and did my best to not scream at Hailey and cry for me. Because guess what? I had to get it out. Toilet paper disinigrated as soon as it hit the water and I couldn't flush a paper towel!?! What should I do??? I'll let you fill in the blanks because writing about it just makes it real, and I want to pretend it never happened.

Thanks Hailey...yet another embarassing moment for me to tell your husband someday...you know, when you're 45 and I let you get married. :)

7 comments:

Bridget Beth said...

Finn has pooped in the tub the last two baths he's had! Maybe it's a stage??

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of motherhood are never ending! I can't believe my sweet ganddaughter could do such a thing. Oh well, if ya gotta go, ya gotta go!
~ Mom Yost

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of motherhood are never ending! I can't believe my sweet granddaughter could do such a thing. Oh well, if ya gotta go, ya gotta go!
~ Mom Yost

Our growing family said...

You'll be shocked at how it can get MUCH WORSE than this!!!!! You DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE STORIES I'M THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW!!!! =) But they are so stinking adorable and we love them so much...that you just have to have another sweet snuggly little itty bitty infant someday!!! =)It's totally worth it! Just register for gallons of hand sanitizer, bleach, clorox wipes, etc....=)

J Yo said...

Bridget - let's hope it's just a stage. :)

Mom Yost - yeah, the joy...hopefully next time she's gotta go in the bathtub, she'll be at your house!?! :) just kidding...I wouldn't wish that on anyone... :)

Tarena - yeah, it might be a while before Hailey gets a sibling...I'm not nearly as brave as you are!! Preggers with number 4...unbelievable. You're my hero... :)

Anonymous said...

So, how did you get it out!? Cut up milk carton? Strainer? .....HAND!?
Oh Jess, you are a brave, brave woman...

ps - I will not be shaking your hand for a very very long time...Love ya BUT...

Aaron

pps - this is also being written by a guy who got poop out of a onesie with his FINGERNAIL the other day. Nothing works like a good 'ole fingernail scrape...am I right?!

Anonymous said...

dude the fingernail scrap is over the line - man- thats just plain gross

todd