Saturday, September 20, 2008

books, buckles and babies...


Hailey's new favorite things in the world are books, buckles and her baby doll. It's pretty fun to see...she especially loves to read books with Sesame Street characters in them...and lucky for me there's been an abundance of them in the dollar section at Target!! Her new fave is Dabby Abby (Abby Cadaby).

Then there's the buckles. She buckles this high chair and then says "help" louder and louder until you un-do them. It was really cute until she started almost figuring out how to un-buckle her car seat!!! :(

Last, but certainly not least, is her baby. It's my old cabbage patch kid...I got it for my birthday when I was 12...don't judge me.

Oops...she hasn't quite figured out that babies are fragile...here's her right after she dropped the baby on her head.

And she's off...this baby sleeps with her, she wraps it in a blanket, puts it in the high chair, and pats her buns when she's putting her to sleep. She even puts her finger over her mouth and says "Shhhh...". Adorable. I don't know what all these hints are, Hailey...mommy doesn't have any siblings coming for you anytime soon! :)

6 comments:

Our growing family said...

watching kids with dolls is one of the sweetest things for me as a mommy!

Anonymous said...

That is just darling. I so remember you and you cousins playing for hours with your cabbage patch kids.
Love it!
Aunt Stacy

christy said...

I have so much to say about this post so I will just list my thoughts:

LOVE the slippers.

I laughed out loud when I thought of how Hailey just drops her doll on her head.

My heart melted a little when I thought of her patting the baby's bum.

I laughed again at you because you got a doll when you were 12!?! haha

Robin said...

Don't feel bad- I sucked my thumb until the 5th grade AND got one of those cabbage patch dolls that talks for xmas when I was 12...Christy- don't be a hater.

Erin said...

I can't believe how big Hailey is! I'm back in the land of BLOG, so I promise to check in more often! I love the fact that she has YOUR old Cabbage Patch doll...mine's name was Alise Gabriella. I think I got her for my 11th birthday...teehee! No judgements here! Miss you guys - love you tons!

Kami said...

Hey, I didn't wear a training bra till I was 13. (And even then I probably didn't need it. But maybe my mom felt bad for me.) Plus I played with dolls till at least 12 maybe 13. I'm not really sure when it stopped. So, no judgements here.