Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My sad heart...

I just heard news from my friend that her niece will be going home to be with Jesus sometime today...just after she was born just a few weeks ago she began having some pretty major seizures. The doctors also wondered about some chromosomal abnormalities, but those were ruled out. After extensive testing they've determined that these seizures are coming every 2 minutes or so and that between seizures there's almost no brain activity. She's been on life support this whole time, but will be taken off sometime today. This was quite a shock to her family since none of these issues were found before she was born...she is a twin and often times they have trouble getting accurate pictures of both babies on ultrasound.

Please pray for this family today, if you think of it. I can not imagine how they're handling all of this, but so thankful for God's promise to give us what we need to walk through what He asks us to walk through...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

My heart feels so heavy reading this. I am praying.