Thursday, July 16, 2009

Braids and Meltdowns...

Today Hails and I went to get our hair done...and Hailey sat still long enough for a trim and TWO french braids!! (Thanks, Janet! :) After the haircut, my mom, aunt Lynn, the kids and I went to Mickey-D's for a happy meal and some play time.

Hailey is so funny! She climbs up into the big toy at McDonald's and sits in this one little cube and peeks at us sitting at the table. She doesn't play with anything, won't climb high enough to slide down the slide or anything, but will NOT come out without a fight from her little perch.

This outing, of course, pushed nap time from 11:30 to 2:15! By the time she got home she was in the midst of a complete meltdown...BUT, I promised Todd I'd get a picture of her braids before she napped (they'll be destroyed by then, of course), so this was the best I could do! :)

3 comments:

christy said...

SO sweet! I love them. I wish I knew how to braid like that. Well... I would need a daughter to make it worth my while. :)

J Yo said...

Janet is a braiding machine! She did these in like, 2 minutes. I need lessons. :) And you never know...maybe Chris would like braids someday! ;)

Stephanie said...

So cute! I'll teach you guys to french braid!