Monday, July 13, 2009

Pinkie and the Potty Chart

Aunt Stacy brought over a little gift for Hails the other day and it has become her very favorite stuffed animal! She named it herself...fittingly, her name is Pinkie. (What else do you name a pink colored monkey?!? :)
We've worked on several Bible verses over the past 6 months or so, but recently Hailey has lacked motivation to learn new ones. Hence, our new chart system! She LOVES stickers, so when I told her that every time she said her verses (with or without my help, of course) she got to put a sticker on her chart her heart lept for joy and she became a verse-reciting machine!! We wrote them out on poster-board and hung them above her bed.
Then we hung the chart on the wall, too. This is just what she's recited since this afternoon.
We've also really turned a corner with the potty-training (PTL!!!), so we've made a potty chart, too. She gets one sticker for going "pee-pee potty" and two stickers for "poo-poo potty" and one BIG sticker when she goes the whole day with no accidents. When she fills the line she gets to pick out a prize from the "potty prize bag"! (which is filled with Target dollar-section items!! Thank you, Target! :)
I'm slightly afraid to write this for fear of jinxing it, but in three days of wearing big-girl undies she has only had ONE accident! Including today's nap!! I'll be keeping the unopened box of Pull-Ups I just bought just in case, but hoping I can return them and get my $25 bucks back!! :)

ETA: Pinkie is Hailey and Hailey is me. Today while she was playing, she dropped her book on Pinkie. She then ever-so-dramatically picked her up, squeezed her tight in her arms and said, "I'm sorry, Pinkie! I'm so sorry! You forgive me??" while "fake crying" over her. ;)

5 comments:

Life with me and my crew said...

That is so cute that she recites bible verses. Good job with the reward system, she'll be fully potty trained in no time.

anne said...

I love the verses you chose Jess. This little system is such a great idea. I need to set up something like this for myself...I could use the refreshers. ;)

christy said...

The cuteness is unbearable! I love the rewards chart. I am sooo glad she is responding so well to it! Case says "AWETHUMMMM!".

Unknown said...

I am so glad that she is learning at such a young age to hide God's word in her heart. I agree with Anne, I think we all could use a chart for refreshers but maybe chocolate instead of stickers for a reward.
P.S. I'm glad the sheets worked out, wow lots of polka dots!
Love, Grandma Yost

jmartin said...

What a great idea! Such a clever mommy with a very smart little girl!