Saturday, January 30, 2010

love these kids...

Owen...I am so in love with this kid. He's got this smile that lights up the room. No matter where we are or what we're doing if I look at him, he's looking at me. He loves his mama. ;)Here are some of my favorite things about Owen -

*When he's on the changing table, he'll grab a diaper and look at it like he's reading it...like it's a newspaper.

*He's becoming really loud! He talks and squeals and yells and giggles. It's real cute.

*After having the hardest time getting him interested in solids, he is now so interested that he yells all through dinner for more food! His favorite are canned green beans, puffs (of course) and yogurt. I gave him a few bites of mac & cheese the other day and he literally screamed "Mmmmm!!" after each bite. :)

*He sleeps curled up on his side now. Just like me.

*When he's really tired, he relaxes right into my arms and snuggles. I know some of you other moms may not think this is a big deal, but my other child was never a snuggler...so I cherish this.


Speaking of the other child...Hailey was invited to her first princess party recently. Here's what she wore there. :)

Here are some of my fave things about my fave girl...

*Hailey has recently begun picking out her own clothes and even dressing herself. I'm now worried when I don't see her for a while. It means her closet has barfed all over the floor of her bedroom and she's probably wearing something just wonderful. (There's a new Punky Brewster in town, people...)

*Her sassiness has reached epic proportions lately. Today she told me that I was her daughter and I had to respect her...then I got told to "be quiet" while singing with her in the car...AND I got "Shhhh'd" big time when her baby Sadie was trying to sleep earlier. Wait...I'm the mom, you stinker!

*I know I've said it before, but she's the best big sister! Several times recently I've gone in to get Owen up after he wakes up only to find that Hailey has climbed into his crib to play with him until I get there. :)

*Now that she's older, she LOVES to cuddle...and even though I know it's part of her "stall-itis" tactic, I oblige every time. I mean, how can you resist her sweet voice asking, "Mommy...I need you! Will you snuggle with me??"


What can I say?? I'm blessed with some really sweet kids...

I just love them.

1 comment:

The Davis Family said...

I agree...they are pretty AMAZING and really cute too! :-)))