Friday, January 1, 2010

a fly on the wall

After sharing many of the hard bedtime moments we've had at our house, I thought I'd share for you one of the sweetest ones yet...

(We've brushed, pottied, kissed goodnight, and said round 1 of prayers by now...)

Hailey: Mom? Can you feel my cough better like my fever? (I kissed her forehead the night before to help her fever)

Me: Sure, Hailey! (I then smothered her face with mommy kisses)

Hailey: *cough* It's not better! It didn't work!

Me: Sometimes it takes a while, Hails...sorry.

Hailey: We could ask Jesus to feel me better.

Me: Great idea...wanna pray now?

Hailey: Of course! Dear Jesus, thank you for this BEAUUUUTIFUL day. Please help my cough feel better. Amen! *cough, cough, cough* Hey! I still coughed!

Me: Sometimes when we ask Jesus for things, we have to wait a while.

Hailey: I think Jesus should get a cell phone...so He could call us.

Me: Yup...we can ask for that another time.

Ahhh, the mind of a little girl... :)

3 comments:

christy said...

so so so cute. :)

Alicia said...

Love this story...

Mannfam said...

That's the kind of thing you want to write down so you never forget! Cute!!
Nicole M.