Wednesday, June 9, 2010

e-l-e-p-h-a-n-t

The other morning while I was doing bible study with my friend Sam, Hailey took it upon herself to get out the paints in the office (I mean, climb up into the closet, dig through a closed box of art supplies, and grab the paints and the brushes) and make us pictures.

Ummm...no.

She patiently waited for them to dry and then wanted to write some stuff on Sam's painting...you know, for personalization purposes. She wrote Sam's name, her name, her new chosen name "Anna", and then she looks at me and goes, "Mommy...I want to write a long word across the page from here to here".

"What word do you want to write, Hails?" I asked.

"I want to write elephant. How do you write elephant?"

"E-L-E-P-H-A-N-T"

I look at her paper and sure enough she's written the word elephant on her paper. By herself.

I take no responsibility for her smartness. She came that way. :)

1 comment:

Life with me and my crew said...

She is super smart! I try to get Gaby to write her name and she write these little upside down lower case "e"s.