Monday, March 31, 2008

Sad Sick Baby...

Here we are on day 3 of Hailey's latest cold...so sad...and of course yesterday she spent the day crying because she was cutting two teeth! :( Poor baby...

Last night, we kicked Daddy out of bed (so he could get sleep) and took over our bed...it's now full of kleenex, a pile of pillows on Todd's side (as to not allow the babe to roll off the bed) and graham cracker crumbs. (Don't judge me...it was 5:45 in the morning and the only way she'd stop crying!!! :) She's been coughing every few minutes, her nose is running off her face, and that girl FLAILS in her sleep! She'd literally sit up in her sleep and then flop down right on my chest or jaw...if I believed in carma (which I don't) I'd say the past two nights were payback for kangaroo kicking my mom once while sleeping in her bed... :)

Pray for our sick little babe...and for her mama who is trying SO hard to be patient...I mean, it's not her fault that she's sick, but this whole house is so tired and ready for the sickies to pass!!

P.S. Sorry for the green text color...I was inspired by the color of the snot falling from Hailey's poor little nose... :)

5 comments:

Bridget Beth said...

ugh! i know how you feel. Finn is currently sporting some wicked green snot!

Our growing family said...

Oh! How sad! It is the worst when your baby is sick! Especially as the house tends to explode too while you take care of the little one! I hope she is doing well soon and that you are renewed with energy when she feels better so your house can get back to the way you like it!
I'll pray for you guys!
tarena
ps...I think we have crumbs in our bed every other day! I am actually washing the sheets right now! =)

Jen Green said...

Same here. Lola's got snot and the cough and cutting teeth. She has been sleeping good though. Nice for mommy because she's got the same thing. (except the teeth cutting:-)

Life with me and my crew said...

Poor Hailey. We're praying for a quick recovery!

The Davis Family said...

Poor Little Miss Hailey! Feel better soon Hailey so we can have a playdate :)

Love,
Your Pal Maddie & Auntie Jen too....