Monday, March 10, 2008

whew...what a weekend?!?

You assume I'm going to write all about romantic anniversary dinners and surprise birthday bashes, don't you?? Nope! Just the Young Life Round-Up!!! :) No worries, though...I'm happy to share this weekend with this ministry that the Lord has allowed us to be a part of for the last 4 1/2 years!! I did, however, have lots of fun birthday things along the way - let me share the highlights:

  • Breakfast at the Black Bear with Todd's and my folks
  • Many fun gifts from Todd's parents, including my favorite new journal
  • Lots of kisses from Hailey (I'm sure she knew it was my birthday :)
  • My pedicure still looks perfect from when Aunt Lynn Honey took Christy and I for a little birthday pampering a couple of weeks ago
  • MANY well-wishes from my blogger friends
  • A surprise visit yesterday from Christy, who came bearing gifts - a frapuccino AND a "Shmeeps" kit (s'mores made with peeps, of course)
  • Lunch after church yesterday with little Alicia (who's growing up and moving out)!!!
  • One beautiful round of "Happy Birthday" sung by 400 Round-Up guests (thanks Sean and Steve...don't forget, revenge is sweet... :)

Thanks to everyone who made my birthday so special! :)

3 comments:

Robin said...

Yay! Happy bday one day late! How fun to have your birthday and anniversary so close! I can't wait to hear about the round-up...we weren't able to go this year. Boo.

Anonymous said...

Don't blame Sean or Steve...it was your DAD'S idea...we had to do something for you...

Love,
Dad

Erin said...

I'M SO GLAD THEY SANG TO YOU!!!! Everyone deserves a little public embarrassment now and then! Your dad is still trying to live down the udders on the cow costume from the Round Up a couple of years ago. Sean and Steve? Ketchup and Mustard....I could go on and on.....