Thursday, July 31, 2008

you're at the end of yourself...and then your husband gets sick...

I thought that the worst was over. After two days of Hailey being sick...out of both ends if you will, she managed to keep down some water and crackers last night and we got her tucked in bed. A good night's sleep was definitely on the horizon...or was it?

Todd heads to bed first, as usual, and by the time I come in our room he's rubbing his stomach and groaning. After several bouts of "shootie bootie", as we call it in our house, he began "being sick"...in the bathtub. Poor guy felt so gross he couldn't think straight enough to aim for the toilet.

Let me just give myself some props and say that true love is cleaning up after your husband who just got sick in the bathtub!

It was a long night filled with interrupted sleep for me and none for Todd. Thank goodness for Hailey's magic pills!! They worked like a charm...at least for one "end".

We're just PRAYING that this sickness skips over me...I don't think Todd is excited about returning my clean-up favor. Frequent hand washing, lots of fluids and light eating today will hopefully do the trick for me.

If not, I may be sharing "When you get past the end of yourself, and THEN it gets even worse...TMI, part 3" with you tomorrow.

5 comments:

shawna said...

oh my goodness! i'm so sorry to hear about the cruds...hope you guys are feeling better soon :) miss you!!

Our growing family said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that!!! You are such a good wife & mommy! I will be praying for you and your family often today!
(just did right now!)

Jenna said...

UGH!!! did you read my "TMI" post? we all had it as well. after literally 2 weeks of on and off barfing and the big D, as we call it, the girls seem to be better. JUST got test results back--positive for roto virus. dr. said it is untreatable, but i'm not worried 'cuz the girls haven't had symptoms for the last week. anyhoo--we empathize with you!!!! love from the clems.

NanaSue said...

praying for you....love you guys...Sue

bobbi jo said...

ugh! given that your last post was on Thursday i'm praying that means all of you are feeling better and you're out having fun and not that you're now down for the count too!

i'm enjoying your blog, lisa gave me the address. looking forward to keeping up with your family this way and watching your little one grow! check us out at: www.jonasdujour.blogspot.com