Thursday, March 26, 2009

30 weeks...and counting...

I haven't done many pregnancy posts so far, so I thought I'd give an update since I've entered my 30th week...

*Weight gain so far: 16 lbs.

*Glucose test: PASSED!!

*Iron level: Low...gotta start taking an iron supplement :(

*Baby movement: CRAZY! This guy doesn't kick as much as Hailey did, but it feels like he's doing somersaults in my belly all the time. I've for sure felt his knee, bum and foot in the last week. :)

*Energy level: dropping...I felt REALLY good in my 2nd trimester, but upon entering my 3rd I'm getting pretty tired...I know my iron level has some to do with that, but I also think I'm just bigger and chasing a very busy toddler around.

*Patience level: virtually non-existant!!! I wondered if I'd be as excited about this baby as I was with my first and I can say for sure that I am. Not only am I anxious to not be pregnant anymore, but I'm also very excited to meet and cuddle my little guy! My daughter hasn't snuggled with me for more than thirty seconds since she was born, so I'm SURE God will bless me with a snuggly boy...right?? :)

*Fears: the birth (I don't have amnesia...it hurts and I remember), breastfeeding (this did NOT go well at all with Hailey and I've already been praying that Owen doesn't have the same issues), his health (Hails started out with jaundice, then had severe dehydration, weight loss, pretty bad reflux, etc. I'd love an easy healthy baby!)

Well, that's all I can think of! The countdown is on...if all goes as planned I've got less than 9 weeks left, but we'll just have to see... :)

3 comments:

christy said...

16 lbs?? You go girl. I can't wait to meet Owen either. Has Todd changed his mind about me being his go-to-gal in the delivery room??!?!!! ;)

Alicia said...

Seriously...16 lbs? That is AWESOME!

Owen will be well loved from the moment he arrives. I still forget that you are pregnant sometimes...

Give Hails and Owen my love...and I will see you soon!

Loves.

Fry Fam said...

Wow 30 weeks...your getting so close. Can't wait to meet the little guy. We sure miss you!