Saturday, September 19, 2009

Parenting is tough...

I'd have to say without a doubt that being a mother has been one of the most rewarding and fulfilling things I've ever done...and FOR SURE the most difficult. I wonder how in the world people do it without the Lord's help because I feel sometimes like I can barely keep my head above water.

The hardest part most recently is discipline...where is the perfect balance of grace and consistency? How do you know what battles to pick and which ones to let go until another day? How do you figure out when your 2 1/2-year old is being manipulative and when she's being honest? And how on earth do you keep her from un-tying and taking off her shoes every time you're in the car?!?

I guess I'll continue to pray my way through the rest of my kids' lives...that seems to be the only thing that works. :)

2 comments:

Mannfam said...

I know the feeling! Thank goodness for the Lord.. I agree. I have no clue how people get through w/out him. Thank God for quick seasons and new days! :)

christy said...

I will be praying for you! And Miss Hailey... Tee tee says LEAVE your shoes on!!! :)