Wednesday, September 30, 2009

epic.

The "stall-itis" has reached epic proportions.

As per usual, bedtime came for Hails and she didn't want to go. She started with the "I don't feel good...I need to sit on the couch" routine. I called her bluff. I told her that if she didn't feel good that she needed to go to bed. She flopped down on my bed, sighed, and said, "Mommy, my tummy hurts...I think I'm gonna spit up...".

Really, Hailey? You're going to fake nausea at 2 1/2!?! Wow...you're good.

Again, I called the bluff. "Really, Hails??" I replied, "If you're going to spit up, do it in the toilet."

She then gets up, slumps over, slowly walks into the bathroom and stares into the toilet. After about a minute, I ask her, "Can I get you anything?". "Water, please" she says. I obliged and got her some water. She takes a drink, sighs, and lays down on the bathroom floor!?!

"Mommy, my tummy hurts...I think I need something to eat."

Hmmm...how long's this farce going to last, Hailey??

I played along and said, "Oh, you need something to eat? Would you like crackers or ice cream?" Her eyes lit right up, she gasps, and says...

"Ice cream!!!"

Cute, Hails...now go to bed! ;)

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I have taught her well. She will surely be my stall-itis successor. Just wait until she tries to show you EVERY bump and bruise (even the ones that aren't there) before she heads for bed.

Oh...and you're welcome.

anne said...

And I thought you were dramatic! :) Ha, ha...only teasing. But seriously, this is AWESOME!

Our growing family said...

love it! brilliant mama!

Lisa said...

hollywood is calling! they need real actors... ;)