Monday, October 19, 2009

picking my battles...

A very wise mother once told me that the secret to parenting is picking your battles. In our family, issues like obedience to the Lord, respect for your elders, and not throwing manipulative fits are what we're not budging on. That means that in an effort no not always be telling Hails "NO!", I grin and bear it when this is what she wants to wear out of the house...If you see us around and can't believe what she's wearing, just know that SHE picked it out!! ;)

6 comments:

Doreen T. said...

I happen to think your little fashionista is VERY cute! But I do understand the "picking your battles" thing and will pray for wisdom for you and Todd. Your list of "not budging on" items is wonderful.

Kara said...

you are such a good mom!

anne said...

I'm laughing out loud! So funny!

Just think, this can be used later in life for payback. :)

The Davis Family said...

Your such an awesome mom Jess...and for the record she looks ADORABLE! :)

Saralee said...

Very chic Hailey! Very Chic! ♥

Stacy K said...

She could be starting a fashion trend!