Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in review

**I know, I know...I stole ALL of these pics from Christy's facebook...in my defense, her camera takes WAY better pictures than mine does... :)

Hailey Lynn, age 2 & 3/4...
In 2009,

*She's become totally day potty trained! She loves wearing Dora, Tinkerbell, and "days of the week" undies.

*She learned to count to 10 in Spanish...although every once in a while I hear, "uno, dos, tres, nacho, cinco..." ;) This girl is ALWAYS good for a laugh...

*She's becoming "Miss Independent"! She has a big opinion on what she wears (my disclaimer if you see us out and about and she looks like a ragamuffin :), likes to dress herself, and often times can be heard saying, "Mom, I'll do it ALL BY MYSELF!" (Did you catch that? She calls me "Mom" now...not "Mommy" or "Mama"...just "Mom"...like she's a teenager or something!)

*Thanks to one of the best gifts ever (a Zoo Membership), Hailey has fallen in love with the Carousel. I swear, she asks to ride it at least once a week.

*This year, Hailey and I started going to BSF together and Hailey just loves it! She's learned several new verses this year, lots of good classic hymns, and some great truths about Jesus. I love that she's hiding God's Word in her heart...it'll be in there forever!! :)



Owen Garrett, age 7 months...
In 2009,

*He was born! He came to us sweet and helpless and is becoming a little man faster than I'd like! :/

*He's almost crawling, getting better at sitting up, eats like a champ, sleeps 12 hours a night, and has the best smiles around. When he smiles, his whole face lights up and I swear you can see a twinkle in his eye. Sweet boy...

*Had his first Christmas and did awesome! He didn't flinch when he sat on Santa's lap (in fact, he was fascinated with the man's beard), helped tear into the wrapping paper on his gifts, and just loved all of his new toys. Not a single complaint from him!! ;)


*Has fallen in love with his big sister. I've said this before, but I'll say it again...no one makes him smile like Hailey does! As a mom, this is a gift.



Thanking Jesus for an amazing year, looking so forward to what He has for us in 2010, and wishing everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 comments:

christy said...

Hey now... the camera is nice, but does the photographer get any credit?! Just kidding. :)
I love your kids and I can't wait to watch them grow up another year older!

J Yo said...

Of course the photog gets credit!! You're amazing, obviously... :)

Thanks for loving my kids, Cweek...I love your kid, too. :)

Alicia said...

Can I get in on some lovin' here too!

J...that last picture of Owen is absolutely adorable.

Christina Johnson said...

Beautiful babies!
... And I too, LOVE the last picture of Owen!