Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Ay-Caramba!!

Whew...what a last 36 hours it's been...let's start with yesterday afternoon, shall we?? We're all ready to go do some shopping at Southcenter...we pick up Christy & Case...then Nana...we're on the road, and it happens...Hailey pukes...EVERYWHERE...all over herself, her carseat, my car, and my mom...I pull over on the freeway, Christy gets Case out of the car (to avoid contamination) and I climb in the back to assist in the clean up...of the puke. Thankfully I had a full wipe refill pack, three plastic bags, an extra set of clothes and an extra blanket! (It pays to be prepared!!) After sitting on the side of the freeway for at least 20+ minutes, we're safely back in our seatbelts and carseats and on our way...home, of course.





The rest of yesterday was spent with a crabby baby with "the runs". Thankfully our new carseat (you know, the one we got on MONDAY) comes all the way apart so you can scrub it all up. No more pukey smell...even her little stuffed dog came through okay! You'd never know anything even happened to him. :)





Now, fast-forward to today...we put Hailey down for her nap and all seems well. We've had no more pukes since yesterday. She wakes up about half an hour into her nap and cries, but after giving her a few minutes, she falls back asleep. Now would be a good time for mommy to take a nap...she is exhausted, you know...something tells me to peek in on her...don't I wish I would have ignored my mother's intuition...





I open the door and the smell wofts out like nothing I've ever experienced. Hailey is fast asleep on her tummy...and there's poo EVERYWHERE!! Up the back, out the sides, on all of her blankets and her crib bumper. Poor kid...I scoop her up, all the while trying desperately not to get any on me and yell for Todd (who THANK THE LORD is home). He runs the bath while I strip her of her ookie clothes and get her bedding into a laundry basket. After scrubbing her down, I begin pre-cleaning the items. Yuck.





I know this is only the beginning...these are the days I'm so thankful I don't have two children who get sick in pairs!! :)



If she wasn't so cute, I'd sell her to the circus!! :)

6 comments:

cacfus said...

Poor little sickie girl! Poor mommy too. You don't get paid enough. ;)

Case and I are praying for cousin Hailey to get better really soon so we can play together again!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Sick children break your heart. I will pray for a quick recovery too.
Blessings,
Aunt Stacy

Bridget Beth said...

Oh! So sad! Tell Hailey Finn loves her :)

Life with me and my crew said...

Poor baby! It's such a bummer when they're sick and trust me, they do get sick in pairs when you have more than one and it's insane. Lots of laundry and pedialyte!

Anonymous said...

If you sell her to the circus, we'll be for sure the first in line to buy her back!

Three Tree Photography said...

I don't know if you knew that I read your blog-you crack me up!
But I feel SO bad for you!!! Those are some of the WORST days!!
Hope things are better!
blessing,
tarena