Wednesday, April 30, 2008

second chances...

Today is one of those days where I feel like a complete failure as a wife and a mom. I've been impatient, frustrated, and short-tempered and Todd and Hailey felt the brunt of it. I don't know what prompts days like these...sin, I guess...but what I love about God and his beautiful grace is that I have another chance to be who He wants me to be...starting now.

I just spent time dancing with my baby girl to some awesome worship music, telling her how thankful I am for her and asking the Lord for forgiveness for letting my flesh get the best of me today. Just before I put her to bed, she looked up at me, snuggled into my arms and gave me the best smile I've seen all day. She's not mad at me...not holding a grudge...she just loves me.

What a beautiful picture of God's grace...it's letting him down and still getting his best smile of the day...

I'm thankful for grace...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Jessica! Such a sweet and honest post.
Hugs~ Saralee (Case's Auntie)

Bridget Beth said...

i love this

Anonymous said...

You are a terrific wife and mom! Even when we feel like we blow it BIG time, just remember like the bumper sticker says, "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven" Thank you Jesus! We love you Jessica and I know Todd and Hailey do too, even on those bad days.
~ Mom Yost

anne said...

Sounds like my yesterday! Thank you for being so transparent. This serves as a reminder to us all. God is so good!

christy said...

I feel ya sister.

You have had so much on your plate and I have seen you serve your family in these last couple days. Even if you don't feel like you are doing a good job at it, you are! Yay for new mornings, fresh starts and a good attitude.