Tuesday, April 29, 2008

So far, so good...

Well, here we are having survived day one of surgery recovery and I have to say it's gone surprisingly well...in fact, Todd feels so good he thinks he should be allowed to go to Home Depot!?! Sorry, dude...no Home Depot...you've got gause hanging below your nose catching the "drainage" (sorry, tmi) and are still on pretty major pain killers! :)

Pray for him tomorrow at 9:30 if you think of it...we're going for his post-op appointment and they'll need to unpack his nose and pull the drains out! It sounds unpleasant, huh?? That's because it is...according to Todd's Aunt Carey (a nurse) that is the most awful part of this whole ordeal.

I am so incredibly blessed with people that are so helpful with my daughter!! My mom and sister split the "surgery shift", and then after we got home and realized that my responsibilities were going to be much more involved than I initially thought, Todd's mom graciously came by and took Hailey for some much needed play time at her Grandma and Grandpa's house! Then my folks came to the rescue and offered to take her overnight so I can focus all my attention on Todd and take him for his appointment in the morning...I am so thankful to all of you!! THEN Christy calls and offers to bring us dinner tomorrow night!?! What more can a girl ask for?? :)

No comments: