Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Miss Independent

Yeah, here's the exchange this morning between my daughter and I while trying to get her dressed...

Me: Okay, Hails...stand up and let's put your pants on.

Hailey: (while making no effort to begin standing) Hailey help you?

She proceeds to try putting her pants on by herself...to no avail.

Me: Can Mommy help you? (I reach for her jeans to help her pull them on)

Hailey: (SNATCHES the jeans from my hands and says firmly...) HAILEY DO SELF!!

Me: Okay, but can Mommy just help you?

Hailey: HAILEY DO SELF!!

Ten or so minutes passes by and my daughter is still as naked as she started. I'm going to need to start scheduling another 30 minutes just for Hailey's dressing rituals!!

How did this happen? She's just my little baby!?!

3 comments:

Our growing family said...

oh, no...it has definatly started!! Keaton started doing stubborn things like this at 5 MONTHS...NO JOKE. We just looked at ourselves and said, "We're in trouble!" And sure enough, he has been VERY independant/stong willed/stubborn/etc. Tough now, but I've heard it pays off to a beautiful thing when they are older if you keep at it...we are seeing signs of it paying off, but I think I need a vacation! =)

Christina Johnson said...

That's why she's so darn cute! I think God makes them especially adorable if he knows they're going to be a bit of a pain for Mommy & Daddy! :o)
Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

A while back I was looking in Todd's baby book and guess what I had recorded as his first sentence? TODD DO IT! Sound familiar? :)
~ Mom Yost