Wednesday, February 4, 2009

23 Weeks...

Here's an update on my pregnancy so far...

*I still haven't gained much weight. I think I've maybe gained 5 lbs total...which is BIZARRE.
*I am carrying high and straight out. With Hailey, I carried all over. I think this may have to do with boy vs. girl, but who knows...
*With Hailey, I craved sweet...with this one, I eat anything. :)
*I'm still able to sleep on my stomach. You wouldn't think so, because I have really popped, but I still can...comfortably!
*Other than nightly heartburn (that is pretty easily cured by popping a few Gaviscon tablets), I feel pretty good! Unless I try brushing my teeth before I eat breakfast. Then I ralph.
*Although I'm totally wearing maternity pants, I still have several regular tops that still fit and are cute. Hence, the one in this picture.
*I've known the sex of the baby for almost a month now, and I'm finally really getting used to the idea of having a boy...I'm finding that I'm drawn to boy things in stores now...
*Hailey thinks that if she sticks her finger in my belly-button she can tickle Owen.
*I'm SOOO excited to meet my little man! :)
Here's Hailey giving Owen loves...she talks to him all the time. She's gonna be such a great big sister!
And here's the belly pic...remember the scene in the beginning of "Clueless" where "Cher" says that she can't rely on mirrors so she takes polaroids? I'm thinking there's some truth there because I don't feel or look as big as I do in this picture in my own mind. :)

15 comments:

Lisa said...

You are so cute, preggers! Glad you're feeling great!

Our growing family said...

you look wonderful! I love that top pic w/hailey too!!

christy said...

Cute! I love your baby belly. :)

I got to hold a newborn baby boy tonight (I was a total baby hog :) and I could not believe how little he is! I can't wait for little Owen.

CMC said...

You look so great! I'm jealous that you can still sleep on your stomach - that is my favorite sleeping position but I haven't been able to since the very beginning because of other areas of my torso being incredible sore (and they still are, that symptom has never full gone away - boo).

Doreen T. said...

You look absolutely beautiful! Owen is going to be very loved by you all... especially his big sis!

Christina Johnson said...

So cute! Both you and Hailey! Sleeping in any other position but on my side would be heavenly... I'm jealous too!

Life with me and my crew said...

You are so cute! That's funny that you carried Hailey all over; I carry my boys all over and Gaby was a little basketball. Oh and are you and Hailey in her crib in the first picture? You are too funny.

Kimberlee said...

That picture of Hailey on your tummy is too cute!! And I remember being stunned when looking at photos of myself pregnant because I had no idea I looked that big. Mirrors don't tell the truth!

tiffany jeanne said...

I carried totally different with my son than my daughter, also...straight out, but lower! And I ate more with him, too...crazy! Owen is a darling name!

james and michele said...

thank you for your kind words. i needed to hear that. it was the one thing a friend told me soon after the mc that got me through. that our baby only knew my warm belly and God's awesomeness. none of the pain of this world. just hard to keep that in mind sometimes. thanks for the reminder! congrats to you on your new blessing. i love the name owen! :) hope you have a great and safe next few months! happy day!

Anonymous said...

You look so adorable and the pic of you and Hailey....PRECIOUS :o) I'm glad you finally got your camera charged....HA HA!!

KeriAnn said...

Love the pictures!
and wishing you a smooth pregnancy til the end.
Yay for a boy!!!!

Alia Marie said...

cute pics! so excited!

Stacy K said...

All pictures are too cute. Give her a big birthday kiss from Great Aunt Stacy!

Robin said...

You look beautiful, Jessica! I'm amazed you can sleep on your tummy- it doesn't look possible! But I'm glad to hear you're doing what makes you comfortable! And happy birthday to Hailey! What a sweetie! =)