Sunday, January 25, 2009

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY, TODD!!


My husband is pictured here with Hailey, Aaron and Gabby...and the "house" they built at the Children's Museum. :)


Happy Birthday, Babe!! Here are 30 things I love about you...

1. You're so driven...even if your goal is to buy yet another set of new speakers for your boat, you NEVER let up until you get what you want! :)

2. You can always make me laugh...even when I'm exasperated with you because you're entertaining the idea of buying yet another new set of speakers for your boat. :)

3. Those baby blues...anyone who's seen my husband in person knows what I'm talkin' about!!!

4. You're handy! Just look at our house that you've completely re-done!

5. Your call to love YL kids in the name of Jesus.

6. You're an amazing father! Our girl loves you to pieces... :)

7. You're loyal...your "BFF" is the same guy from high school! (Hailey says HI Uncle Mikey!)

8. Your eternal perspective...even though we'll have a month-old baby, you still want to go to Wakeboard Camp this summer to minister to high school kids!! (and no, I'm not coming with you and bringing Owen...you MUST think I'm crazy!! :)

9. You're such a kid at heart! (please see above picture of Aaron and Todd taking 20+ minutes to build a house in the "Dunn Lumber" exhibit at the Children's Museum.)

10. You're such a great daddy. I know, I know...already said this one, but it's true...it's really true!

11. Your uncanny ability to clean our disastrous house in just 30 minutes on a Sunday morning! Don't understand this one, but I'm sure thankful for it! :)

12. Your growth as the spiritual leader in our home. I'm thankful for God's provision for several guys to speak into your life in this area and encourage you to do what's right in the eyes of the Lord!

13. Your beautiful blue eyes! This one also deserves two spots on the list...I mean, have you seen 'em???

14. How you are so determined to teach our girl to be tough, but in the same breath can scoop her up and tend to her hurts.

15. The way you've trusted God, especially with our finances and business in this tough time. I am tremendously blessed and comforted by this, babe.

16. How relationships have become so important to you. I can remember a guy long ago who seemed to need no one, and yet you've become so involved in relationships that it's not often that you're not texting or chatting with one of your friends. I love this!

17. The way that even though you don't understand my love of handbags, when my birthday rolls around you'll set aside your feelings and get me a new one to use for a diaper bag anyways! ;)

18. You've become a man that isn't afraid to admit that he's wrong...this is NOT a slam...it's a sign of maturity.

19. I LOVE how you make it a point (most Fridays) to get up EARLY (4:30am) to go meet with Mike to pray and play basketball with the teachers at FWHS. It's such a sacrifice, but I know it's good for your soul.

20. Your heart for giving. Even when it's hard to get there, you've spent COUNTLESS hours at the Young Life house helping make it a nice place for doing ministry...even after a long day at work!

21. How right now you're chasing Hailey and Gabby through the house making them squeal and laugh!! :)

22. The less than 15 minutes it takes you to get ready in the morning...including a shower!! I'm jealous of this mostly...and thankful because it gives me more time to get myself ready for church this morning. :)

23. Your excitement for the arrival of our son! How you love calling him by his name, participated in the choice of his baby bedding, and have strong opinions about what clothes are "manly" enough for a little Yost man.

24. The way you've chosen to give me "props" when I actually think ahead and make dinner! I know that to some degree it's my job as a stay-at-home mom/wife, but it makes me want to do it for you all the more when you appreciate me.

25. How you'll only eat brownies out of the middle...even when it means the people at Coldstone have to go into the back and get a fresh one for you out of the new pan. :)

26. How you'll only eat Lucerne cream cheese...even though I made you a bagel with Philadelphia brand the other day and you didn't notice.

27. The way you almost never mind sleeping on your right side so you won't keep me up with your snoring. :)

28. You will not watch commercials...which sometimes drives me nuts, but other times I learn very interesting things during momentary flips to the Discovery Channel.

29. You went wakeboarding in November...hardcore.

30. The way you're embracing this milestone of a birthday and keep saying you won't feel old until you turn 40...sorry, Todd...YOU'RE OLD!! ;)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks babe- that was a really nice thing to do/say. And yes I am getting new boat speakers :) (trading the old ones in for new/better ones) and don't cross you fingers for a new handbag :). Oh and I heard 30 is the new 22. I Love You.

christy said...

So cute Jess. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODD! Can't wait to celebrate in Leavenworth with you!!

Stacy K said...

What a fun tribute to a special guy. Enjoy your birthday!
Much Love!

Alicia said...

Todd,

If 30 is the new 22...then when I turn 22 in April, I will be "14"

I think you are strechin' that one a bit. :)

-Sheesh

Anonymous said...

We don't know how 30 years could have passed so quickly. It truly seems like yesterday that you kept us awake all night until your arrival. Now you are expecting your first son and will soon experience a special blessing like we have with you. We love you Todd and are very proud of the Godly man that you have become.
Love, Dad & Mom