Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Now that the shock's worn off...


In an effort to get myself thinking "boy", I've found his bedding. On the way home the day of the ultrasound Todd announced that he would be having a large role in the decisions regarding the decor of our son's room and that he had decided on a Camo theme. I had visions of multiple shades of dark green and our son sleeping in a cave!! Let me tell you, I was skeptical...until I found this oh, so cute/manly bedding ON CLEARANCE at Babies R Us. I got a crib bumper, 2 sheets, crib skirt, bucket for storing baby stuff AND this fluffy matching blanket for a killer deal. In fact the blanket was out of stock everywhere, but my determination was great so I called every store in Washington and ended up convincing a very nice lady that worked at the Tukwila store to help me search. She found me one in RENO and it's being shipped right to me. No search is too extensive for my BOY!! :)

This is a a picture of the whole set...I love it!! Hailey keeps picking up the sheet and saying "baby bruder sheet". It's cute. :)

Now I just can't wait for my sweet boy to have a name...we named Hailey right away after we found out she was a girl and by the time I was holding her in my arms I felt like I knew her! Now I want that same thing with my son...but alas, the search continues. Suggestions welcome. :)

9 comments:

CMC said...

SUPER cute bedding! Way to go on the good deal - ours just came in the mail yesterday from Target and we love it.

As far as names, have you heard of www.nymbler.com? You can enter in up to six names and then select "boy" and hit search and it will pull up names that go well with the ones you put in - Try putting in Hailey and see what it comes up with. Its a pretty cool tool and it may give you some ideas!

Christina Johnson said...

Very cute bedding! Ben could've donated some real camo gear in March, after 6 years we're both a little tired of it... Glad you get to use sweet boy camo instead of the cave boy kind!

Stacy said...

Cute bedding! And I can't wait to hear some of the names you are thinking of...inspiration can come from strange places - we know! If you need a babyname book I have one of those handy as well, just let me know!

Kara said...

Is the name Henry tainted for you? I pretty sure Christy won't be using it the future.

Anonymous said...

I think Hayden goes pretty cute with Hailey. Congrats on the boy. Love Aunt Toni

bobbi jo said...

How about Hunter? Goes with the camo theme and sounds cute with Hailey!

shawna said...

oh, how cute!! i love that hailey's already the big sis!

Kelly said...

So cute!!! I'm so excited for you to have a boy! They are my favorite...obviously! Aren't babies just the best? I was always that way, I found something I liked and darned if I wouldn't drive anywhere within 5 hours to get it if that's what it took!

PASTIECHEF said...

How about Valdimir even if it's a girl?