Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bargains, bargains, bargains...


I decided to try to be a bargain shopper when re-doing the baby room. My first bargain was the fun boy bedding I found on clearance at Babies R Us...love it.


Thank you Grandma Patty for finding these blue Pottery Barn curtains at your neighbor's garage sale for $3!!

My favorite project so far is this little collection of letters. I wanted bigger letters since Owen's name is so short, but couldn't find any I liked...so I bought these, painted them cream, and put them on brown painted canvases. For now they're on the shelf...I kind of like it there.

Now all that's left is some kind of picture for above his crib, hanging the framed Michael Jordan poster above his changing table that Todd found tonight (he's had it since he was little...and it's been a source of grief in our marriage since the beginning! :), and choosing a few of Todd's old model cars for his other shelf beside the window...BUT none of this is necessary, so COME AS SOON AS YOU WANT, BABY BOY!! :)

4 comments:

Christina Johnson said...

It looks good Jess! Come on Owen, Luke needs a little buddy! (Hailey ditched him for the cats!)

christy said...

LOVE it! The curtains are so perfect. I can't wait to see the poster!! Ha!

shawna said...

love the green walls!!

Stacy K said...

Very cute. Good Job!