Sunday, August 2, 2009

Little Miss Sassy Pants...

The other night while tucking Hailey into bed, I snuggled in and gave her lots of kisses and "I love you's". She turns toward me and says, "I don't love you."

WHAT?!? I immediately started fake "crying"...nothing like a little maternal manipulation, right?!? :)

She lightly grabs my face with both of her hands and in her sweet little helium voice gently says, "It's okay, Mommy...I don't love you."

WHAT?!? My fake crying didn't work?? So, naturally, I "cried" even louder!

"Mommy...don't cry...it's okay! I don't love you."

It's as if she thinks that saying it nicer is better...

I know she was just being silly, but let's just say I was so relieved when I went to get her up the next morning and heard my usual, "I'm awake! And I'm happy! I love you, Mommy!". :)

1 comment:

christy said...

Silly Hailey! Wonder where she learned to be that sassy?? Hmmmmmmmmmm ;)