Thursday, March 4, 2010

bedding

Here it is...

...and it's about time! I've literally been looking for new bedding for nearly a year.

We loved our old bedding that we bought 3 years ago when we moved into our new house, however I washed my duvet cover in hot water a while back and it shrank SOOO bad! It bunched up really bad and barely hung over either side of the mattress. Let's just say that Todd and I are both cover-hogs and this did not a happy marriage make. :)

My dilemma was this - everything I liked was a comforter set, but I have a husband who REFUSES to use a top sheet on our bed (believe me, I tried putting it on several times in the early days of our marriage only to come to bed at night with the top sheet ripped off in a pile on the floor). This means that we do things "european style" with a bottom sheet and a washable duvet cover...never again in hot water, of course!

I searched and searched, only to find awesome duvets that were WAY out of our budget or awesome deals on comforter sets...oh, what to do??

The solution? This comforter set from Target (10 pieces for a hundred bucks!?!) and a coordinating duvet cover and sheet for a killer deal, too!

I love it and so far have only failed to make the bed once in a week. That'll maybe last another few days, but at least I can say I was motivated for a little while.

Thanks, Todd, for my early b-day gift! I love it. :)

1 comment:

Stacy K said...

Yeah! It is beautiful! Good job on making the bed too. Little changes can be life changeing.
Love you.