Thursday, March 25, 2010

Phase 3 of...

"Operation Organization"

As you can see, we painted the room the same shade of blue that's in Owen's room. We got this bookcase and desk from Ikea and the organization began!!

My favorite part of the renovation is the little "desk" that we set up for Hailey at the end of my desk. She's got crayons, coloring books, and all sorts of craft things at her disposal. She's spent the bulk of today at her new desk. ;)
The bookcase on the wall has enough little cubbies and boxes for all of our medical paperwork (that's been busting out of this little file holder for months now), our receipts, and personal paperwork. We've got the big office outside, but it's been hard to keep our business and personal paperwork all separate until now.

This closet is just dreamy...until now I've had NO non-bedroom closet space in my whole house! No linen closet, no hall closet...nada. This closet contains all of my gift wrap stuff (a hanging bar for my collection of ribbon is coming soon), Hailey's excess art supplies, our medicines (which have been stowed in various places throughout the house - up and away from the kids - so you can never find the right thing when you need it), my vacuum (previously in the corner in our bedroom) and several other things. We also have 3 white board calendars to hang on one of the walls so I can keep our life all figured out! We are so bad at forgetting dates and things, so that'll help a lot...
I'm really excited that this room will be so multi-functional. I can work from here while Hails colors and plays, I can keep everything organized, and even do my quiet time in here.

Loving it! :)

5 comments:

christy said...

Geez! I love it Jess! It's like you are post-baby nesting. :)

J Yo said...

That or I've watched too many episodes of "Clean House" lately...but seriously, I've been praying about the typical mess in my house and asking God for the desire to clean it up. He's answered. I've been cleaning. ;)

Samantha said...

That looks great! I love a clean closet :-)

shawna said...

the house looks GREAT!!!

Alicia said...

rad. :)