Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The best surprise EVER!


My husband is the BEST!

For my 30th birthday and our 7th anniversary, he surprised me with an overnight in Seattle. It was so nice to be together...and without our kids! (I mean, I love our kids and missed them like crazy, but it was really nice to be away. :)

The first destination was the Camlin Hotel. It is beautiful! Worldmark (formerly Trendwest) bought it several years ago and remodeled it and it is beautiful!

We got settled into our room and then walked around the corner to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Now, I know that we were in the city where there are a billion awesome restaurants, but the Cheesecake Factory is our FAVE...we couldn't resist.

After dinner, we started walking and turned the corner onto 5th Avenue and there it was...the 5th Avenue Theatre...and Legally Blonde the Musical was playing. Todd played it off and kept looking at this map for where to turn...well, he tricked me and we ended up going to the show! It was so cute...love that Elle Woods. :)


All in all, a wonderful surprise. I appreciate all the thought he put into it AND that he sat through a musical with me without even one complaint! That was a gift in itself... ;)

3 comments:

anne said...

I bet he loved the UPS guy! :)

So glad to hear that you had a wonderful retreat in the city. It sounds like an incredible little adventure. (Nice job, Todd!)

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! Hooray!

Alicia said...

So glad he was able to trick you...since you are the HARDEST person to surprise!

Unknown said...

Well he did have some pay back waiting, after last years double surprise on his 30th. You deserved it! I'm glad you had a good time.