Saturday, May 15, 2010

Spring Spruce-Up...part 1

So, since my front room has felt a little dark and cave-like for the past several months, I decided to do a little "Spring Spruce-Up". Step 1 - put buttons on these sad brown pillows. (They had brown buttons on them, but they've all fallen off and most of them are lost. How sad.)One trip to the fabric store and a little button-making session later and voila!! :)Did you catch that? I MADE these!! And sewed them on with some gigantic upholstery needles. I know, I'm so crafty...
I made 2 of each button and put one of each on the pillows. That way I can switch up what button you see.
And here's a preview of part 2 of my "Spring Spruce-Up"...aren't you excited??? :)

4 comments:

christy said...

Oh my goodness! I am loving those fabrics! Did you get them at Joann's? I especially love that "leaf" one. :)

Stacy K said...

So crafty! Grandma Mahlum would be proud.

J Yo said...

Christy - Yeah, I got them at Joann's! I love them, too...so fresh looking. And all on sale for 30% off, so that's always good! :)

Stacy - awww...thanks! That one brought a little tear to my eye... :)

anne said...

These fabrics are so cute! The buttons are perfect and the bookcase post is sweet too. I'm so impressed...and maybe now a bit more motivated to switch things up around here. :) Well done, chica!