Saturday, May 15, 2010

Spring Spruce-Up...part 2.

Part 2 of my "Spring Spruce-Up" involved re-styling my bookcase. I learned about that here.

The first thing I did was go to Ikea (gotta love it there) and picked up a few things...like this round lamp and glass vases. That lamp will brighten up this dark corner of the living room as soon as I pick up the right bulb for it. :)Nothing new here...just re-purposed some other picture frames I already had.
Here's my favorite view...why, you ask?
This "faux" houseplant I also got at Ikea. Lord knows I could never keep a real plant alive, so I go for the "faux" variety... :)
There you have it! A newly styled bookcase...complete with kid-friendly items at the bottom. :)
Stay tuned...more to come. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey that turned out great! I'm really glad you decided on that lamp, it looks terrific. Love the vases too, the color is just perfect. Thanks for inviting me to come along on the Ikea trip, it was a lot of fun. I'm glad that I could be those extra hands even just for a little while.

Kelly said...

You know what I love about us? That we still love the exact same things, just different versions! I have those blue vases in red and those candlesticks as well! I've been eyeing that lamp and now that I see how cute it looks I'm off to IKEA! Beautiful taste you have my dear!