Friday, October 19, 2007

And She's Home...


This morning, just after 10 o'clock Jesus took my Grandma home. It's so bittersweet for all of us...we miss her so much, but are so relieved to know that she's got a new body, free from all the illness and medical complications. It sounds weird to say this, but it really did happen so suddenly. Even though she's been in the hospital for most of the last year, we never saw this particular complication coming. It was completely unrelated to any of her other issues. God must have known that her body wouldn't heal, even with surgery, so he chose to keep her from going through it.
This is how I will choose to remember my Grandma. The woman who loved to be in the middle of every special event in our lives, despite her health. It was always so much work for her, but she ALWAYS made it when she could. Here is the moment she met Hailey. I'm pretty sure no one was as excited about her arrival than she was. When my nephew Case was born last week, she was so happy to hear he was doing well, and even more excited to see the pictures of him that my mom brought to the hospital. She never stopped hoping that she would get better. She never gave up hope that she would make it home from the hospital.
My family spent the entire day together. There were many tears, lots of laughter, and not a person there that didn't feel the love our family has for one another. I would venture to say that everyone in my family knows that she was the glue that kept us all so close. She would be the one calling around keeping everyone informed about how eachother were doing. If there was a prayer request, Grandma got on the phone and made absolutely sure she got a hold of everyone...she did the same thing with every praise, too. Our family was her pride and joy!
Thank you, Grandma, for loving all of us so much...we already miss you like crazy and can't wait to see you again someday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your family will continue to be in my prayers.

Love Teresa Johnson

Doreen T. said...

Our prayers and thoughts will be with you and your family as you grieve your loss and celebrate Pauline's homegoing.
Doreen & Dave

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry again for the loss of everyone who knew your Grandma! It's a hard time with so many grateful moments. I know how much you loved her, and I know she did too...

Please let me know what I can do.
Love, The Brunings..

PS Auntie Gayle and Uncle Jerry send their love!

Anonymous said...

I meant the loss to everyone not everyone...

well hopefully you get what I'm saying =)

cacfus said...

you made me cry... although that doesn't take much these days.