Friday, October 19, 2007

Our Sweet Grandma Pauline...

It's only a matter of time now until our Grandma goes to be with Jesus. As sad a time as it is right now for our family, we can rejoice in knowing that she's so close to getting that new body that we are promised when we get to heaven. Even when I'm with her, I miss her. She's unconscious and fighting for every breath she takes. I kind of feel like I'm in a holding pattern with my grief...she's not gone, but she's not here either. I hope she knows how loved she is. Our whole family has taken turns cramming into her hospital room saying our goodbyes. I can also report that there's been as much laughter today as tears, as we all sat around sharing fond memories of our dear Pauline. We love you Grandma...We love you...

4 comments:

Kara said...

You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

we're so sad to hear about your grandmother. We love you guys and are sending lots of hugs and prayers.

Christina Johnson said...

Jess, I'm so sorry! Your Grandma was blessed with a wonderful family, she knows she's loved! I didn't know her well or for long, but she always made me laugh at the store - coming out of the back room, grabbing another candy from her sugar-free shelf, then giving the little "shhhshh" smile and wink. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

anne said...

I am so sorry for the lose your entire family will face. At the same time I am so excited for Grandma Pauline to meet Jesus - she's going to be healed of everything! God is good!